Visiting Rules and Procedures For Our Home
If you are visiting Byker Hall Care Home we must ensure that it is done safely. This is to minimise the risk of infection to our residents and staff. Therefore we have a robust visiting procedure in place and we ask that you are honest and compliant in order to have a risk-free visit. Please follow these simple visiting guidelines below:
- If you are displaying symptoms please do not visit the Home.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- A questionnaire will be required to be completed and we ask you to read our code of conduct which will be provided.
- Visitors are asked to wash their hands thoroughly before entering our Home. Sanitizer will be available.
- For in-house visits you will be required to take a test with support of one of our team. Following 30 minutes and a negative test result you will be provided with PPE and escorted to the area. The PPE is to be worn at all times throughout the visit.
- A staff member may be present within the visit.
- All items are to be handed in to our Administration Office and not given directly to the resident so cleaning protocols can take place.
We thank you for your co-operation during these times and we regularly review our visiting protocols to ensure they are in line with the Local Health Authorities guidelines.